HIC is an independent Sixth Form College specialising in STEM subjects i.e. Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. Each student is given individual attention by a personal tutor and subject teachers. The comfort of small class sizes promotes a better student- teacher relationship. The college is always helping students to reach their maximum potential by offering focused learning in small classes. Our high academic focus compliments student encouragement and friendly teacher-student relationship which together generates better grades for students. Our highly qualified and experienced teachers work with students using the SWOT analysis. This technique enables them to identify strengths and weaknesses of students, provide better opportunities to enhance their knowledge and confidence and eliminate threats like stress and imbalances.
The college provides various engagement opportunities to students such as debates, work experiences and shadowing, external and internal exam preparation workshops, student assemblies, knowledge quizzes, external field trips and university preparation workshops. Revision and exam preparation classes provide students with that desired additional support which is needed to sustain in the competition, particularly in Medicine and Dentistry.
In short, Harrow Independent College helps students to reach their maximum potential using an appropriate blend of our 8 strengths to success, which are:
- Small class sizes with high academic focus
- Well qualified and highly experienced teachers
- Individual learning plans based on SWOT strategic planning matrix
- Tutorial sessions in addition to regular lessons
- Variety of engagement opportunities
- Additional revision and exam preparation classes
- Inbuilt University Preparation Programme (UPP)
- Excellent record of university placements