HIC is an independent Sixth Form College specialising in STEM subjects, i.e. Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. Each student is given individual attention by a personal tutor and subject teachers. The comfort of small class sizes promotes a better student- teacher relationship. The college is always helping students to reach their maximum potential by offering focused learning in small classes. Additionally, students are given weekly practice paper sessions under strict exam conditions. Our highly qualified and experienced teachers work with students using SWOT analyses. This technique enables them to identify the strengths and weaknesses of students, provide better opportunities to enhance their knowledge and confidence, and eliminate threats like stress.
The college provides various engagement opportunities to students such as debates, work experiences and shadowing, external and internal exam preparation workshops, student assemblies, knowledge quizzes, external field trips and university preparation workshops. Revision and exam preparation classes provide students with that desired additional support which is needed to keep ahead of the competition, particularly in Medicine and Dentistry.
In short, HIC helps students to reach their maximum potential using an appropriate blend of our strengths to success, which are:
- Small class sizes
- Weekly practice paper sessions under exam conditions
- Well qualified and highly experienced teachers
- Individual Learning Plans based on a SWOT strategic planning matrix
- Tutorial sessions in addition to regular lessons
- A variety of engagement opportunities
- Additional revision and exam preparation classes
- In-built University Preparation Program (UPP)
- Excellent record of university placements