HIC supports students in understanding their career & development needs at every step of their education. We inspire students and assist them in taking up part-time jobs, work experience opportunities & short apprenticeship programmes which resemble their career choice. The college is able to create, through its own sound and fruitful network, a pool of other valuable opportunities for students to pick from. These could range from Career Leader webinars, Industry Professional Speeches and Guidance, and external and in-house Career Events and Evenings. All the measures which are taken towards building a strong foundation for the enhanced career development of our students highlight our college’s intention of creating a robust career provision which aims at meeting the 8 Gatsby Benchmarks.
The 8 Gatsby Benchmarks sets out a clear framework for organising the careers provision at an educational institution. They are the recommended elements of good practice in career guidance.
Our Career Provision and Policy aims –
- To fulfill the needs of all our students by providing access to differentiated, impartial, independent information and guidance about the range of options (including academic, vocational and apprenticeships) that are likely to help them achieve their career ambitions.
- To develop enterprise and employment skills.
- To contribute to strategies for raising achievement, especially by increasing motivation and encouraging students to focus on their future aspirations.
- To promote equality of opportunity, celebrate diversity, challenge stereotypes, and ensure all students who require any extra assistance and guidance to reach their potentials, such as Special Needs students receive it.
- To encourage participation in continued learning including further and higher.
- To contribute to the economic prosperity of individuals and communities.
- To involve parents and carers, teachers, staff members and governors.
- To ensure that all students progress on to further and higher education, employment, and training.