The 11-plus is an Examination conducted during Year 6 for entrance in selective Grammar and Private schools.
Students are facing tough competition to pass the 11+ Exam and it has become really crucial for them to prepare well for this exam.
There are four components of 11 Plus – English, Maths, Verbal and/or Non Verbal Reasoning and schools assess all of these components in the 11+ Exam. In certain schools, the competition is extremely hard and hence preparation is very vital if you want your child to get good results and successfully get a place in their desired school.
About the 11+ courses:
In our 11+ preparatory courses, we cover all the important elements which are mentioned below:
- Maths – problem solving, fractions, decimals, percentages, geometry, averages, graphs and ratios
- English – comprehension, composition, story planning, spelling, punctuation, creative writing and grammar
- Verbal Reasoning – Literacy questions, vocabulary questions and numeracy questions
- Non Verbal Reasoning – Demystifying non-verbal reasoning, breaking down questions and improving speed and accuracy
Our teachers will ensure that your child is analysed at each stage of the course by taking following steps:
Pre – Course Assessments, Mock Tests, Post – Course Assessments, Reports and Feedback, Course Completion Certificate
Our teachers will also ensure that your child is given individual attention and is motivated to perform even better. The aim of 11+ courses at Harrow Independent College is not only to prepare the 11+ students for their entrance in their desired schools but also to develop their learning capabilities by ensuring a focused approach during the lessons.
If your child needs extra coaching in English and Maths for 11+ then book a place now with HIC.
To enrol in 11+ courses please call us on 02084236227 or email at email@example.com
IELTS EXAM PREPARATORY COURSES
Download this Course Brochure- IELTS courses in London Brochure
About the course
One of the most popular English language exams in the UK is the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). IELTS measures the language proficiency of people who want to study or work where English is used as a language of communication. Over 9,000 organisations worldwide accept IELTS as proof of language ability.
The IELTS preparatory courses fills up very rapidly as they are high in demand. IELTS is available in two test versions: Academic and General Training. Both versions provide a valid and accurate assessment of the four language skills: listening, reading, writing and speaking.The exam can be booked online by the learners. IELTS enable learners to work or study in another country and prove their English language skills.
You can choose to join our IELTS exam preparation courses for 8 weeks or 12 weeks. 10 hours per week.
Method of Delivery:
On campus, 10 hours per week. Every session will be a combination of theory and mocks. The course will run during the weekdays and the weekends.
Awarding Body: IELTS certificate is awarded by Cambridge University in the UK. (Learners will have to book their IELTS exam outside)
Intermediate level training of 8 weeks: The 8 weeks IELTS preparatory course helps learners to learn basic language skills and reach an intermediate level, building their confidence in speaking, writing, reading and interpreting the language professionally.
Advanced level training of 12 weeks: The 12 weeks IELTS preparatory course helps learners to not only learn the language but also to reach to an advance stage which enables them to use English language confidently in their day-to-day environment. Advanced level training gives an extra coverage to the problematic areas of learners by additional practical and mock sessions which further improves their writing and speaking abilities.
Programming in Python Courses
1. Basic Python Course : Introduction to programming in Python (KS3 and 4)
About the Course
This is a basic programming course in Python. Python is a very powerful and versatile programming language. Its enormous popularity arises primarily from its ability to solve a wide range of problems along with the fact that it is surprisingly easy to learn.
The content of the Course:
The course will cover the following broad topics:
- Introduction to Python
- Types of Data: Integer, Decimal, Float; Integer and Floating Point arithmetic;
- Manipulating Strings
- Basic Input and Output statements
- Flow of Control: Ifstatement; Loop and while statement
- Object oriented techniques: Classes, objects and Methods
- Elementary Graphics
The Course is designed for:
This particular course is designed for High School Students studying at KS3 and KS4 level.
Objective of the course:
The purpose of this course is to give these students basic coding experience and an exposure to problem solving techniques using a programming language. While learning a programming language is a serious business requiring commitment of time and effort, every attempt is made to make it a fun and pleasure learning experience.
Awarding Body: Harrow Independent College
Course Duration: 12 weeks
Method of Delivery:
On campus, 2 hours per week. Every session will be a combination of theory and hands on. The course will run at the weekends. After successful completion of the course, a Certificate will be issued by HIC. As of today, to the best of our knowledge, there is no universally recognised certification awarding body for Python. If the situation changes in the future, we will give the update accordingly.
2. Intermediate Python Course: Python Programming – A Project Based Approach
Python is vastly used programming language today. Most of the major, medium and small companies today are using Python. Python is a general-purpose language and has powerful libraries/tools that make easy to build any types of software applications.
Python is flexible, and powerful open-source language (free) that is easy to learn and easy to use. With the popularity of Python programming language usage of Python is increasing in the commercial and scientific world, the time is right to master Python to land in Python jobs or use Python to solve problems. For school leavers or young graduates, mastering Python will open Python related career opportunities available in the current market. On the other hand, primary schools and secondary school start teaching Python, for students in their computer related subjects or to develop their problem-solving skill.
This course aims to teach everyone the basics of programming using Python and focus on project-based approach. That means the course is designed to provide knowledge and hands-on skill on developing applications in each lesson. At the end of the course, the student can be able to develop applications up to the industry standard. The skill and knowledge will provide the student a solid foundation in computer programming to choose his/her to specialise career path.
Who can attend this course?
• This course is for everybody. Kids to adults can learn to code or learn to teach coding. Even seasoned programmers will benefit from learning Python programming.
• Secondary school students who want to make programming projects for their Computer Science or Computing subject.
• Parents who want to help their kids learn to program.
• Teachers, including non-technical instructors, who want to guide ‘after-school coding clubs’.
• The course has no pre-requisites and avoids all but the simplest mathematics.
• Anyone with moderate computer experience should be able to master by learning this course.
The course content is design to deliver within 24 hours. However,
• the course will be delivered 2 hours per week and for 12 weeks.
1. Introduction to Python
2. Fundamentals of Python Programming
3. Mathematical Functions and Operations
4. Decision Making
7. Primary Data Structures
8. Foundation of Object Oriented Programming
9. File and Exception Handling
10. GUI Programming using Tkinter
Once a student completes this course, who will be ready to take more advanced programming course which is stated below:
Data Analytics with Python