Host Families & Guardianship

HIC require parents of international students to appoint a UK-based guardian.

Some overseas parents have friends or relatives in the UK who are happy to undertake this responsibility. Other students have nobody to help them in the UK.

In the UK there are many Guardianship companies available that provide students with a secure and caring environment during their stay in the UK. It is favourable to appoint a guardian who is located close to HIC however, not mandatory. The Guardian will accept legal responsibility for the child, and provides the child with a place to live during his/her course duration at HIC.

There are few things which we consider before accepting a person as a guardian in our records.

  • They should be a 24hr point of contact in an emergency
  • They should be able to coordinate with the school over relevant matters and keep regular contact with student’s parents
  • They should be able to manage student’s personal allowance and arrange payment of any additional school expenses

HIC will definitely arrange to find a suitable guardian for the students unable to find a guardian themselves.