Arriving in the UK

Pre arrival Information for students regarding living in the UK:


Check your induction date and try to arrive a few days before your induction to help you settle in before you enroll at the college. Let us know when you are arriving by emailing the International Admissions Team at


You will need to apply for a student visa. The student visa must be obtained before travelling to the UK.


When studying in the UK, another important decision is deciding where you will stay.

HIC will help all international students to find accommodation and host family. However, students are advised to look for an suitable accommodation and arrange for appropriate guardianship before they arrive in the UK.

Documents to be carried:

You will need to bring the following documents with you including:

  1. Your valid passport with student visa
  2. Offer Letter
  3. Receipts showing payment of course fees
  4. Original or certified copies of your academic or school transcripts
  5. Passport with Entry clearance stamp.
  6. Medical record or prescription


We are happy to provide you with advice and guidance, including the option of a free airport meet and greet service, to help you plan your travel to the UK.